close mobile menuClose Menu



  • Blog



  • King’s Home Serve Day July 2014

    December 5, 2014

    We love to support King’s Home for all of the great work they do to help youth, women and mothers with children who are at risk. So we asked Lew Burdette with King’s Home if they had any electrical needs[Read More...]

    Recall! – APC SurgeArrest

    September 15, 2014

    Schneider Electric Recalls APC Surge Protectors Due to Fire Hazard. Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product. The surge protectors can overheat, smoke and melt, posing a fire hazard.

    Electric Shock Drownings

    September 14, 2014

    Now that summer is here many of us will be going to our favorite swimming spot to cool off from the hot Alabama summer. I don’t want to be an alarmist, but we all need to be aware of the danger from water and electricity. I came across this video and report recently...

    Smoke Detectors may NOT go off in Time!!!

    September 13, 2014

    Please take a minute and check out this short video I recently came across from NBC News about smoke detectors. I didn't realize that standard ionization smoke alarms were so bad at detecting certain types of fires.

    Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCI’s)

    September 12, 2014

    Problems in home wiring, like arcing and sparking, can cause fires in the home. Arc fault circuit interrupters or AFCIs, can provide enhanced protection from fires resulting from these unsafe home wiring conditions.

    Know the Dangers in Your Older Home

    September 11, 2014

    Home fires are a major problem in the United States. Each year, home electrical problems alone account for an estimated 53,600 fires. These fires cause more than 500 deaths, 1,400 injuries, and $1.4 billion in property damage.

    Extension Cords

    September 10, 2014

    Household Extension Cords Can Cause Fires. Choose the right extension cord for the job, and use it as specified. Extension cords can overheat and cause fires when used improperly. Overheating is usually caused by overloading or connecting appliances that consume more watts than the cord can handle.

    Top 5 Hidden Hazards in the Home!

    September 9, 2014

    Small powerful magnets, if swallowed, can attract inside the body and block, twist or tear the intestines. If you think your child has swallowed a magnet, seek medical attention immediately. Be aware of the latest safety recalls and more.

    Ladders & Electricity Dont Mix!

    September 8, 2014

    CPSC warns that consumers can be electrocuted when they use ladders near overhead wires. Consumers may use ladders near overhead wires to clean gutters, paint structures, trim trees, and more.

    Smoke Detectors Can Save Your Life

    September 7, 2014

    What Types of Smoke Alarms to Install? Homeowners cannot predict what type of fire might start in a home. Follow these guidelines to protect your family. If you don't have smoke alarms in your home, purchase some and install them.