Coronavirus Awareness at OnTime Service
A special message from Kerry Adkins, OnTime Service owner, regarding the Coronavirus:
OnTime Service is all about keeping your home safe. We were doing that years before anyone had heard of the Coronavirus, and we will be doing it once the Coronavirus threat has ended. Here are steps we are taking to limit exposure to the virus for you, your family, our team and their families.
- We have confirmed that none of our team members have traveled outside of the United States or to any of the current outbreak regions in the last several weeks.
- We are insisting that a team member with any symptoms of any respiratory illness or fever stay home and not return to work until cleared by a physician.
- To ensure no one has fever, we are checking each team member’s temperature every workday morning. If anyone has a fever, we are sending them back home and instructing them to consult a physician.
- We are instructing all team members to wash hands multiple times each day and we are making that possible by placing soap and water in all service vehicles.
- Before entering your home, each technician and apprentice will wash their hands with soap and water, wear a new pair disposable gloves, and new pair of disposable shoe covers.
- We are canceling service calls to homes where someone is quarantined, has any symptoms of a respiratory illness or has a fever.
While I am 100 percent convinced our great nation will effectively deal with this virus, the prudent thing for all of us is follow the advice of health officials.
For the latest update about Coronavirus and additional information to keep your workplaces, homes, and schools safe, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html